Updated: Jan 31
I've got an idea here, when you look back on 2019, don’t think of the anger or even the frustrations you might have felt or experienced. Instead, think of the wisdom and strength you gained, and put a smile on your face and appreciate how far you’ve come. All of us have been through a lot in the past year, but we've grown a lot too. Don't be hard on yourself if you did not have a great 2019. The fact of the matter is you crossed the 2019 finish line! Give yourself credit for your perseverance, and then join me and let's step forward in 2020!
Moving Forward in 2020
Remember, you and I ultimately become what we repeatedly do. If your habits aren’t helping you, they’re hurting you. Which means it’s time for a change.
Here are 5 Amazing things to consider doing for yourself in the year ahead…
1. Challenge yourself to begin the "Capture." Stop, look and listen to your thoughts regarding your hopes and dreams for your life. Really listen to your inner voice. What are your hopes and dreams for YOU as you move forward in YOUR life in 2020? Write them down and keep these where you can see them daily.
2. Challenge yourself to create a plan to move toward the goal of capturing your hopes and dreams. I love the quote, "A goal without a plan is just a wish." Lot's of people set goals, especially at the beginning of a new year. But so what! Goals happen when one makes a realistic plan and then they begin to stick to the plan. All of a sudden, there is forward progress!
3. Challenge yourself to push through the hard things. There are rarely shortcuts to any place worth going. You already know this but life has a lot of ups and downs and things which are hard to deal with. That's life and will be life forever...ups and downs and things which are hard. Make pushing through the hard things in life a habit...a good habit.
4. Challenge yourself to do your best and forget the rest. I'm serious here. You can disappoint people and still be good enough. You can fail and still be smart, talented and capable of success. You can let people down and still be worthwhile and deserving of love and admiration. We all make mistakes sometimes. Take a deep breath. It’s OK to be human.
5. Challenge yourself to learn from your mistakes. I like to study my mistakes closely and learn from them. You know something I've learned over the years? Disappointments and failures are two of the surest stepping-stones to the places you want to go in life. I've learned to not let a hard lesson harden my heart. When things go wrong, I learn what I can and then push the frustration aside by refocusing my energy on the present next important step. Remember, that life’s best lessons are often learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes. Angel Chernoff says, "We must fail in order to know, and hurt in order to grow. Good things often fall apart so better things can fall together in their place."
Ok, welcome to 2020! Your turn...
Which of the above 5 sound pretty good to you? Or, do you have others which I did not mention. I'd love to hear from you. Happy New Year!