Try these promises out. Give them a shot and do your very best to keep them.
Repeat after me: “I promise…”
1. To be strong and let nothing disturb my peace of mind.
2. To do my best and forget the rest.
3. To stay the heck away from self-pity.
4. To find fun and positive friends.
5. To never stop learning and growing my mind.
6. To take care of my body by healthy exercise and healthy eating.
7. To not let others affect me in a negative destructive way.
8. To be grateful for many of the amazing things I have and encounter each day.
9. To bring joy, hope and kindness to others.
10. To create good habits in my life because my habits are what can define me.
There are a lot of things in life which are pretty awesome and then not so awesome. There are a ton of things that are completely out of our control. On the other hand, there are a lot of things we can control.
Take a second or two and think about the things you can control like...HOW YOU RESPOND TO THINGS IN LIFE. There is so much out of our control but we have the power of choice and how we will respond. Here are a few examples from my life:
1. Train halts me for nearly 15 minutes. UGH! Instead of getting crazy ticked-off, I grabbed my phone and texted about 10 people how much I appreciate them. That was actually pretty fun and cool!
2. I played kickball at lunch recess today and kicked a great kick that was caught by a student. Instead of being bummed-out, I went and high-fived the student who caught my kick.
3. WiFi stopped working during a very important conference call. Took a couple of deep breaths, laughed and yelled at Murphy's Law and then got on my treadmill for 20 minutes.
You get my point. I hate when things go wrong but what I hate even more is when I let things outside of my control, CONTROL me. So, I have really been working on those 10 Promises and promising myself I will turn them into positive habits.
Below is something I'm promising to do: I promise to love my new Boston Terrier Sully and be off the charts grateful for an amazing person and student, Amaya!